
It's really hard to get both kids smiling and looking good in one picture, so I'm settling for 2--that way each kid gets a "good" picture! This was taken as we rushed out the door for church on Christmas Eve. Miss Bailey looked adorable (as you can see) in her Christmas dress, and Kale looked very handsome as well. You will not be surprised that there was a slight battle as to why he could not wear his basketball jersey to church. I pointed out that the sweater was red and blue (Jayhawk colors), so he finally conceded and agreed to wear it.

Christmas morning was so exciting because this is the first year Kale really got it. He ran into the living room and saw the empty plate of cookies and shouted, "Santa was here!" I don't think he had even noticed his presents at that point, but that didn't last for long.

I'll leave you with a few of my favorite quotes from my son over the past month or so:
(Just before going to see Santa) "I think I'm gunna ask him to see his reindeer." "Kaden can come too, but his mom might have to take him 'cuz he'll be scared 'cuz hims a baby."
"Daaaad!" "Do you want to play basketball with me?"
(Christmas Eve) "Don't turn on the fireplace!" "Santa will get burnded!" (and yes, burnded is a word when you are three).......
"Daaaaad!" "Do you want to play basketball with me?"
(While I was attempting to make a train track) "Mom, you're really not as good at this as Dad."
"Daaaad!" "Do you want to play basketball with me?"
(While looking in the magnifying mirror in my bathroom) "Mom, I think this mirror makes me look four years old."
Happy New Years!
3 comments:
That last picture is hilarious! Too cute! Looks like you guys had a good Christmas!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you! We missed you guys at Christmas Eve. Sophie was lonely until Danyka showed up. Then she just stared at her. I completely relate to the picture thing...mine are 11,9 and 2 and it is a MIRACLE when we get a phote where they're all just looking at the camera let alone smiling!
Hope to see you before next Christmas!! Maybe at KU bball camp. :)
-Karren
Four years old, huh?
Post a Comment