Hammer Time

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Disney World

Sometime in the past month Kale decided that he wants to go to Disney World to ride roller coasters, and he wants Grandpa Ballard to take him :)
I'm not really sure where the big plan started (maybe one of those commercials on TV) but he discusses it like it's no big deal to travel to Florida and like he's certain it's going to happen.

All of this leads me to an incident that happened yesterday:
There was change laying on the kitchen counter, so I picked it up and divided it between the kids' piggy banks.

Kale busted me in the act and in a very dramatic voice said, "Moooooooooom! That's for me and Grandpa to go to Disney World!"
I apologized and he made a big production of getting a  plastic sack to store his Disney world money in. He even put a "D" for Disneyland on it...and taped it shut to keep his little sisters (and mom) out.
He also added a dollar and said in a very serious tone, "I'll put this in just in case; Grandpa might need extra money."
Less than five minutes later, I heard him rustling around in the kitchen
and found him taking more money out of his piggy bank and putting it in his "D" sack.
I said, "Now what are you doing?"
Kale responded, "I want to do A LOT of things in Florida with Grandpa." "I think I have TWO whole dollars and maybe fifty cents in my bag!"

The kid is convinced that he's going to Disney World with his Grandpa and that it's going to be the BEST TRIP EVER.

I told my dad to look at the bright side....if he can pull this off, he's definitely secured a permanent spot in the Grandparent Hall of Fame! 
In the mean time, there's always World's of Fun.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That is hilarious. Only about $4998.00 more dollars to go