Hammer Time

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Changes

Lots of things are changing around the Hammerschmidt house, and to be perfectly honest, I'm having a heck of a time keeping up!  Let me start by issuing a disclaimer early....there will be no pics with this post because I don't have time to wait for them to load.  Maybe I'll upload some tomorrow (but more likely it will be a few days).

Mr. Kale is all geared up to start kindergarten in a couple of weeks.  He finished up blast ball last week (thank goodness....blast ball in this heat would have been AWFUL) and he starts soccer in September.  Over the last few weeks he's lost not one, but two teeth!  It really helps him look the part of of a kindergartner ;)

Bailey never ceases to amaze us with her hilarious antics.  This morning she crawled into bed with us and not-so-quietly read stories, sang songs, and did everything in her two-year-old power to make sure we did not get to sleep past seven.  Miss Shay has taken to rolling and officially entered the "if I can reach it, then it's going in my mouth" phase.  Both girls will be starting daycare tomorrow.  They'll spend 3 days a week there and the other 2 with Grandma Hammerschmidt because.........

I'm headed back to the classroom!  I'll be teaching fifth grade at the oldest school in Lawrence (built in the 1920's).  It is a "charming" building (that's a nice way of saying we have plaster walls and window air conditioners), but in all seriousness, my room is huge and in a lot of ways reminds me of my Grandad Sutton's house in Greensburg, which I love :)
Despite all the changes to our schedules, we've found time to do lots of fun things as summer draws to a close: a trip Hutch to visit the grandparents, walks on nature trails, a trip to the Gardner pool and the Douglas County Fair to name a few.  Dain and I even when out for a little date night yesterday and stayed up until ELEVEN THIRTY!  That's unheard of around our house :)

I'll try really hard to get pics posted tomorrow....or at least this week....hopefully.........ah, who am I kidding?!  I'm sure they'll get posted eventually :)

No comments: