Hammer Time

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Around the House

Bailey has followed in her brother's footsteps, and has started telling jokes.  Well, she actually only has one joke right now....when you ask her to do something, or get something she says, "with a pee-pee diaper butt?"  This is generally followed by a mischievous laugh.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure two-year-olds are not supposed to be attempting stand-up-comedy.

Kale had a soccer game yesterday.  He scored all five of his team's goals.  On the way home I tried to talk to him about passing the ball to his teammates more.  Kale said, "But they aren't very good and so the other team gets the ball."  "Besides, I like to score."  Dain suggested that we re-adjust our goals for next week since the passing the ball seemed a little too hard.  Instead, Kale agreed to working on not taking the ball from teammates who were already dribbling the ball.  One step at a time, right?

Kale has also been learning about Johnny Appleseed in school this week, so yesterday when I was making lunch, he asked if I'd cut the apple sideways so we could see the star and get the seeds.  After lunch he proceeded to "plant" apple seeds all around the house.  He's quite certain that by next fall our yard will be full of apple trees with juicy, red apples for us to eat.  He's also quite certain that we'll have enough left over to sell and "make a little extra money."  I'll let you know, and perhaps he'll be willing to offer a "friends and family" discount ;)

Miss Shay has started on solid foods, but doesn't seem impressed by the vegetables I've offered so far.  I think she's holding out for the pudding and ice cream.  She also has started babbling "da da da da da."  It's not looking good for me to finally get one of my kids to say, "mama" as their first word.  Shay's also figured out that she can roll her way around the room to reach objects, and has pushed up on all fours in attempt to crawl despite our best efforts to stop her. Say a little prayer for our family; when all three are mobile things are going to go from crazy to down right insane around our house :)

No comments: