Hammer Time

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Conversations

Kale: "Bailey, I'm going to the bathroom before we start our game."

Bailey: "You better ask mom, first!"

Kale: "Bailey, I am SIX years old....I make my own decisions!"

Bailey: "Okay, but don't forget to flush the twalet (toilet) and wash ya hands!"

Kale: "Uh, HELLO!  My brain is bigger than an elephant's!  I know!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dain:  "Kale, are you excited to come to my flag football game today?"

Kale: "Yes."  "Will I get to sit on the sideline?"

Dain: "Yes."

Bailey: (Standing up on her chair and flinging her arms over her head) "And I'm going to sit in the princess line!!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: "What did you play at recess today?"

Kale: "I played tag with Austin and Josie."

Me: "No Josh?"  "What did you play?"

Kale: "Well, Josie used to be Austin's girlfriend, but not anymore." "We played tag."

Me: "Oh....who is Josie's boyfriend now?.....you?"

Kale:  "I think so."

Me:  "You think so?" 

Kale: "Well, Austin said he didn't want to be her boyfriend anymore, and that I was her new boyfriend."

Me: "Hmmmm...we'll have to talk to dad....I think you may be a little too young for girlfriends."

Kale: "Ya.  I should probably wait until I'm like, sixteen, right?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kale (while we're eating dinner):  "Eliza in my class told me that you can cuss at someone with one of your fingers!"

Me (after Dain shoots me the "this one is all yours look"): "Yes, that's true."

Kale: "Which one!?"

Me (again after Dain shoots me the "how ya going to answer that one look"): "Well, the middle finger."

Kale (gesturing): "This one?!"

Me: "Yes...but we don't ever do that to people or we'll get in BIG trouble." "Understand?"

Kale: "Ya." "Does it mean anything bad to show someone your thumb?".......

4 comments:

allthingsskelton said...

That is sooo funny!! I'll have to post our funny cussing story from when Evan was about that old some day. Thanks for the laugh!!

miles3_17 said...

lol, ok that one was good, thanks for saving that last one for the end!!! oh the funny things kids say!!

Karen said...

This was wonderful, I was cracking up, love it!

Anonymous said...

Lmao