Due the general lack of size, talent, and desire to play, baseball was a bit of a lesson in patience this year....and by lesson in patience I mean for me, not Kale. He worked hard and had fun. I had to accept that the fact that no matter how hard my child tries, sometimes things just don't go his way :) On the bright side, wasn't he cute in his uniform?
The girls started calling Dain "Daddy Paparazzi." I have no explanation whatsoever why they do this, but I think it's funny.
The Kansas heat has been brutal, but we force the kids outside everyday 'cuz we're mean like that. Don't worry, we've already gone through about eight bottles of sunscreen and we drink a lot of water around here :)
Dain's company picnic was at LiveStrong Park a while back. It was before the heat got crazy, so we had fun!
Our life saver this summer.....a blow up pool. It has caused a rather large dead spot in our grass thanks to some "baseball pool" games with the neighbor boys, but I'm still thankful we got it. Dain may tell you otherwise...
Kale is learning all sorts of tricks from his father and will be a firecracker pro in no time.
The Children's Discovery Museum in Topeka was a big hit. This machine blows balls and scarves through tunnels. It was hysterical watching them try to catch them as they came flying out.
Thanks to this sweet girl I've now watched the movie "Finding Nemo" about 47 times. I'm beginning to think God is trying to send me a message about something....or maybe I just need to invest in a new movie or two....
The kids and I went back to Hutch for a few days. I think it can be summed up in about five words: Grand kids are spoiled rotten. Oh wait, I mean: Do we have to leave? Milkshakes, an I-Max movie, a mini-water park in the backyard....I don't blame them for wanting to stay the whole summer!
Dain and I played in a gold tournament with Jay and Traci Amyx last week. If you've seen my golf skills, you'll understand why my main job was team cheerleader. We have also managed to keep the garden growing for two months; by far our greatest accomplishment of the summer ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment