Hammer Time

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

June

We spent a good chunk of June at the ballfields watching Kale in action.  When I look back at previous year's photos, he looks so much bigger, but compared to other kids in his league he is pretty small.  (Small but mighty!)  

The girls didn't seem to mind all of the games because they have plenty of friends we lovingly call "the siblings" to keep them entertained.  They are a funny bunch, I tell you!

Dain helped coach, so Kale got to hang out with his dad AND his friends....double bonus!


Kale also attended KU Basketball Camp, Eudora Basketball Camp, and Cross Country Camp.  What can I say?  The kid loves all things sports related.  

Dain and I managed to sneak away to Baltimore for a few days!  
It can be summed up in three words: MUCH NEEDED GETAWAY :)
Thanks to Grandmas and Grandpas for filling in!


We spent lots of time playing at home (which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE....unscheduled free time is my favorite).  Well, actually, Dain and I started painting the outside of the house in our "free time," but the kids were soaking it up!  Kale created all sorts of things with his legos, worked on his ball handling, and helped me keep the garden watered. The girls played lots of things together: pirate treasure hunts, super heroes, beauty shops, and library. Most of their pretend games involved filling bags and spreading huge amounts of junk toys around the house.  Most of their pretend games also ended in tears and one sister stomping off to pout :) Their other favorite activity was to build sculptures and create art with items from the recycle bin.  We have a growing "museum collection" above the shelves in the kitchen and tacked on the garage door. Have I ever told you how much I dislike clutter?!! Must resist urge to toss "treasures".....
Anyway, this is my polite way of saying "If you stop by this summer, don't judge....we are too busy having fun to keep the house clean." Ha!


We also went on several nature walks at some local places.  I tried to take them out to Clinton Lake the other day, but they had heard a story that "tricksters hide in the bushes and trip you there."  I assured them we would be okay, but Bailey said, "Well, if you are going to make us go, you better pack some bandaids!"  Where do they come up with this stuff?!

Kale and his buddies always hamming it up.  We hit the pool several times a week  so he got lots quality friend time!  The other day we went to the indoor aquatic center, and on the way Kale and his friend created a game in the back seat involving a squishy ball, and pack of tissues, and the cup holders.  Who says kids today can't entertain themselves?


 Bailey lost more teeth.  I swear the gaps only add to her ornriness factor. 
 
Poor Shay crashes hard every couple of days.  Being four is tough, ya know?

I think it's safe to say we are ready for July!


No comments: