After all the anticipation of being induced, I ended up going into labor on my own Saturday afternoon. It's funny because after the hospital called to tell me they were too busy to induce me, I cried and then told Dain, "I'll show them. I'm going to send myself into labor on my own!" My husband reminded me that the nurses had probably not meant for it to be a competition, to which I replied, "Honey, EVERYTHING can be made into a competition." :) In my defense, the only labor-inducing-gimic I tried was spicy food....but that was long after my contractions were underway!I will spare you all the details, but by the time midnight rolled around I was pretty miserable, and by the time we got to the hospital and settled in, things had progressed enough that I was worried there wasn't enough time for me to get the "meds"(I had NO intention of having a natural birth). Luckily, I finally did and Shay joined us an hour later!
The kids are doing great; I have stories to tell, but I'll save them for another post. We are so very happy and feel so Blessed. As I looked back at photos, I couldn't help but think how AMAZING it is to go from this (about a week ago):
To this:
In a day!
One more thing...today is Dain's Birthday! I'll post pics of that tomorrw!





3 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!! The Skeltons are all very, very happy for you and the whole family! Give all 3 of your kids! hugs from western KS.
Congrats!! I love the picture of Bailey and Shay, too cute!
Congratulations, She is beautiful and I love the name.
Post a Comment