Hammer Time

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

BIG Update


I no more than get this thing set up (I haven't even sent anyone the link yet), and I'm already behind!! Miss Bailey Anne Hammerschmidt joined us June 15th at 9:48 in the morning. She was 6 lbs 12 oz, and 19.5 inches. As predicted, she "stole" Father's Day from Dain. Isn't that the way children work?? It is after all their world, we just live in it :)


After a smooth labor and delivery, we were back home a day later, and since then, all is going well. We are still a little sleep-deprived, but that's to be expected. Kale has been great, and Bailey is for the most part a very laid back baby.


My parents came up this past weekend to help out while Dain played in a flag football tournament. His team went 2-1 the first day, then battled back from the loser's bracket to win second place!! He has a very nice medal to show for it.....and extremely sore muscles. I'm not sure he's ready to play tournaments like that every weekend, but from what I can tell he did a great job. Mom and Dad were really helpful and I am so appreciative of them making the trip. It is more than amusing to watch my dad play with the grandkids. I'm pretty sure he's the proudest grandpa around!!

No comments: