See.....I'm already behind. It's August, and my last post was about the 4th of July!
Here we go.....
Kale is doing great. He is back at "school" now (that's what we call his daycare). In his defense, Miss Erin, his teacher, does pre-school curriculum with them. He brings home some WONDERFUL art projects. We're working on the concept that not every single picture you make has to go on the fridge, only "special" ones. Kale says all of his pictures are special. How can you argue with that??
Bailey is now almost 2 months old. I know every mom says it, but I can't believe it's been two months. Maybe in two more months I'll be getting a full night's sleep again. Hey, a girl's got to dream, right? She is smiling and cooing and wrapping her Daddy around her finger a little more every day. There had been some debate about who she looked like, but after a recent comparison to one of my baby pictures it's official. She's a mini Katie. I'm not giving out hope that she'll get Dain's blue eyes, though.
Dain and I went on a mini-vacation last weekend. Our big destination????? Kansas City! You'd think I'd be embarrassed to say that, but you've gotta take what you can get! We went see Brad Paisley at the Sprint Center on Friday night, then stayed at the Westin Crown Center. The next day we slept in. Let me repeat that....SLEPT IN!!! (That was actually one of the highlights of the weekend) That afternoon we did some shopping, then went to the Royals game. It was about 110 degrees, but they actually won, so it was pretty fun. That night we went to dinner in the Power and Light District and hung out with some friends.
All of our fun and excitement was made possible because my parents graciously came up and stayed with the kids. Actually, they were in charge of a 3 1/2 year old, a 7 week old, a fat cat, and a blind dog (we were "dog sitting" Jack, Brett and Kelly's blind lab). In typical grandparent form, they took the kiddos to the fair, left our fridge stocked with food, and even offered to do some laundry. I'm still wondering why I told them not to worry about the laundry...
It may be a while until I post again; I start back to work on Tuesday, and students start the 18th, so I'm sure things will only get busier. Dain is coaching football again, this year taking on the fifth grade team. In my "spare" time I help with the running club at my school and do some tutoring. Somewhere between all of that I'll have to find time to post again.
Hope everyone is enjoying the last few days of summer as much as I am!!!!! I promise to post some pics asap!
2 comments:
Ok, almost another month is approaching, time for a new blog!!
You are right, how do you argue with "all of them are special?" So cute!! Miss you all-Briana
Post a Comment