Hammer Time

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween in Utah

This was a Halloween that almost didn't happen........
On Friday night, Kale came out into the living room about 10 minutes after he'd been put down to bed. As the tears begin to fall, he said, "Mama, I don't want to trick-or-treat tomorrow." I asked if he was afraid he'd see scary costumes, and he said yes, so he wanted to stay home :( I assured him that we wouldn't make him do anything he didn't want to, but that we'd talk about the next day (Halloween). Well, on Halloween morning I convinced Kale that we would go to just a few houses before it got too dark. If he wanted to keep going, we would, if he wanted to go home, we would.......
I'm sure you've already guessed the outcome......after the first piece of candy hit his bucket, he was good to go. We made it all around the neighborhood that backs up to our apartment complex before complaints of "my legs are so tired" started. This morning he woke up and announced that he couldn't wait for Halloween next year so he could get even more candy. He even got a 5 lb weight out of the closet so he could pump some iron........training his muscles so he could carry more candy in his bucket :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Katie, the kids are absolutely adorable! I love the costumes. glad that Kale had a change of heart towards Halloween, I enjoy my kids candy as much as they do!

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing...or is it? All that sugar, lol! Costumes were so cute!