This week I've been helping teach the kindergarten/first grade religous education class at our church (3 teachers for 7 kids....it's fantastic....and some thing that we only dream of in the "real" teacher world........) but anyway, we've been having lots of fun, and they wear Bailey out in the toddler room, which is pretty cool, too!
So, a funny story about Kale....
His class is learning about the seven Sacraments we celebrate in the Catholic church. Yesterday we were discussing the sacrament of baptism, and one of other teachers told the kids they were going to act out a "pretend baptism" and they could take turns pretending to be the priest and blessing a classmate pretending to be a baby. She assigned one kid to be the priest, one to be the baby, and told the others to pretend they were at the baptism. The kids immediately starting calling out things like, "I'll be the dad!" "I'll be the mom" "I'll be the sister" and so forth. In the excitement of the moment my sweet Kale called out, "I'll be God!" :)
Go big or go home, right?!
3 comments:
This is awesome! I love your blog, and your stories. Go big or go home all the way! Love it!
OMG I love him so much! I am literally crying I am laughing so hard right now!!!
LMAO
Post a Comment