Hammer Time

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cold Weather = A Lot of Time Indoors

  • Miss Bailey has accumulated a rather large amount of imaginary friends: Telly, Shelly, Welly and so forth.  They live in mirrors and appliances around our home and look remarkably similiar to her.  Occasionally they fight and we have to remind them to talk nice, but generally speaking we're enjoying their company!
  • Kale's spent entirely too much time in our house over the past few weeks thanks to snow days and sick days.  I've already decided that even if he's running a temperature, covered in spots, and coughing, I WILL be sending him to school next week.  Seriously!  I need him off the couch :)
  • Miss Shay is closing in on 12 months....(I know!  I can hardly believe it, either).  She has funny gap between her top teeth and has really perfected her squint-and-smile flirting routine, much to the dismay of her father. 
  • Dain is busy as ever at work.  He is also studying for an exam he will take in California in the coming months, but still manages to build a bunk-bed tent with Bailey every night AND squeeze in several rounds of nerf-basketball "PIG" with Kale.
  • I'm really starting to improve my "Sorry" game, but my real strength is "Toy Story Uno."  I can play both games while holding a baby and coloring pictures with Bailey....if that's not real talent, I don't know what is!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

A year!!!!!??? No way!!! Where does the time go, seriously!
I agree, way to much indoors for us too, the kids were jumping on the bed the other day and I just let them, they have to burn energy somehow!!!

Anonymous said...

Any big birthday plans? Did you decide on what you are doing?