Alright Kelly, this is your fault. My sister-in-law has been telling me to start a blog for a while now. I can't guarantee that I'll be great at keeping it up-to-date, but I'll try!
Let's start with where we're at today.....
Dain, Kale, and I moved to Eudora in May after finally selling our "house on the hill" (those who saw our old driveway can appreciate that). We LOVED living in Lawrence, but the move puts me just 5 minutes from work, and cuts Dain's drive down significantly. We are still just about 10 minutes from all of our friends and family in Lawrence. The new house is great; I still have one box of "odd and ends" that I just can't get motivated to empty....I'm guessing that means the stuff inside is junk and should be thrown away......maybe tomorrow :) Aside from a couple of rooms that need to be repainted, the we are completely settled and enjoying our flat backyard!
Kale is three now (crazy, huh?), and I couldn't ask for a better little boy. He amazes me (and cracks me up) everyday. Right now he is really into Brandon Rush and Jake Sharp (KU basketball/football players). Everything we do seems to relate back to them and whether or not they would do it. For example, a normal conversation goes something like this:
Me: Please don't throw your Lego's.
Kale: Why?
Me: Because you might break them or something else.
Kale: Brandon Rush throws Legos.
Me: No, he doesn't. He only throws basketballs to his teammates.
Kale: But he could throw Lego's.
Me: No, he doesn't.
Kale: Because his mom would send him to thinking time?
Me: Yes.
Kale: Ya. I'm not going to throw Lego's, either.
Repeat this conversation about twenty times with various topics, and you have a normal day for Kale and I now that I'm done with school for the year.
Miss Bailey Anne should be joining us any day now. Her official due date is June 23rd, but we have an unofficial agreement that she will come sooner because I'm feeling like a giant, pale, beached whale. I think Dain is ready for her to come just so that he won't have to listen to me whine and moan anymore! He is predicting that she will come on Sunday (Father's Day) to "steal" his day, or next weekend b/c he is supposed to be playing in a flag football tournament for his work.
I could write on and on and on about everything else going on in the family, but I'll save that for another day.
2 comments:
Jeremy and I were almost rolling with laughter when we read the conversation between you and Kale about Brandon Rush. Too cute.
My, my, my....that little conversation brought some tears to my eyes because of two things: it was funny and I miss you guys. But yes, I think Kale is adorable and I cannot wait to see him in December....Nathan's lucky because he'll be able to see him in November. :(
love you-briana
Post a Comment