Hammer Time

Friday, October 2, 2009

Is That On Earth?

That's the new question I hear about 20 times a day from my 4-year-old as he tries to sort out real and imaginary :) It gets really challenging when it's something like TV show with real life characters (i.e. The Imagination Movers or Fresh Beat Band) and he says, "Are they on Earth?" I say...."Yes...but the show is just pretend......" This generally leads to a 20 minute discussion about what makes it real and pretend! If you have a better explanation for the world, please call my son and share it with him.....he's wearing me out!!

Kale's other new thing is telling jokes. We bought a box of Popsicles that had jokes on the sticks a while back, and every time he eats one he wants to know what the joke says. I tell him (for instance, the last one he got said, "Why did the computer squeak?.....Somebody stepped on it's mouse.") and he gives me a confused smile as a chuckle to myself. Well, since he doesn't actually get any of the jokes, he thinks telling a joke is just asking a silly question and giving a silly answer (none of which make sense). Let me give you a few from his routine:

"Why did the frog wear a hat?"......"Because he saw a dinosaur!"

"Why did the cattail cross the road?"......."Because it ran into the blinds!"

"Why do dinosaurs walk on plants?....."Because they walked on dinosaurs!"

See what I mean? They make no sense at all! Consider yourself forewarned so that next time he tells you a joke you can laugh hysterically......even if it doesn't make sense :)

3 comments:

Layne said...

I've re-read the "why did the frog wear a hat" joke about 6 times and each time I continue to laugh out loud while sitting by myself at work. People are looking at me like I am a bit strange.. but I love it!

No Bell Peppers! said...

Katie! It's Cody. I've got a question for you... Layne showed me this and I was wondering if I could use some of these jokes on my column this week! It'd totally be credited and linked (if you want it linked).

Cheers,
Cody

Katie said...

Sure, Cody! How are you?