Hammer Time

Friday, February 26, 2010

Still (not so patiently) Waiting

We're still waiting for the newest member to officially join our family.  My due date isn't technically until March 9th, but since the other two were early, I'm *hoping* this one is, too.  I'd like to say that I'm patient....but I'm really not.....I WANT HER TO BE HERE ALREADY!!  :)  That being said, I'm feeling great; my energy has returned (hooray) and I should be (in theory) getting a lot done, but instead I feel like I'm slowing watching the clock tick away in anticipation of the baby's arrival.  Funny thing is, I know that when she comes and I'm up at 2 a.m. feeding her I'll be grumbling about how I miss my sleep! I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.......

Despite my lack of patience, my children have been doing a superb job of keeping me busy.  I swear Bailey has figured out that my belly makes me incredibly slow moving, because she loves to dart off when ever I dare to set her down in public (i.e. the library....it's a 1 1/2 year old's paradise of maze-like rows of books).  She also likes to use my lack of speed to take off when ever I mention the need for a diaper change.  On the up side, I think I burn an extra 500 calories a day just chasing her.

Kale is up to the same old stuff. I got a flyer about kindergarten round-up in the mail (KINDERGARTEN....can you believe it??).  Part of me wanted to send it back with a note that said, "You must have the wrong address.  My boy is much too little for such things."  Another part of me thought, "Hallelujah!  Can he go ahead and start NOW?" :) 

I have a distinct feeling that he is going to keep his teachers entertained (God only knows what stories he'll tell them).  A couple weeks ago he drew a lovely picture of a jayhawk stomping on a (pooping) longhorn, and all I could think was, Next year his teacher is going to present a lesson on animals and ask, 'What do you know about tigers or bears or longhorns?' and my son is going to blurt out, 'They suck!' or something of that nature.  I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

We'll keep you updated when the baby arrives.  Until then, I'll let you enjoy Kale's artwork:

1 comment:

Amber Temple said...

I liked the stomping and pooping on the longhorn, made me laugh!