Hammer Time

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Him

He doesn't get very much attention on the blog....or at home........
But he should because he's a pretty remarkable guy.

The night I met him, I was smitten! 
It may have had something to do with the jumbo margarita I consumed....oh wait, that must have been some other girl....I spent all my free time in college studying :) 
Anyway, my first words to him were, "If you're not fun, I'm kicking you out of my canoe!"
So romantic (and kind), right?

He was everything I didn't know I was looking for....
He took his niece out to dinner weekly.
He volunteered at LINK.
He had a wonderful family.
He could hold his own at "Friends (the TV show) Trivia".
He tolerated my constant singing in the car.
And he was pretty darn handsome, too!
Everyday I appreciate even more about him...
He is strong in his Faith.
He plays with our kids even when he is  exhausted.

He is an amazingly talented engineer.
He is a great coach.

He loves me even when I'm cranky and irrational.
He helps out around the house without complaint.

He makes awesome scrambled eggs (and mashed potatoes).
He gives me thoughtful gifts...like this:

He is patient.
He is loving.
He is a lot of fun at football games.

He is the best husband and father anyone could ask for,
and I am so very thankful for him.

Happy Anniversary, Dain

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Now that was just about the sweetest darn thing I have read in a long time. Happy Anniversary!

miles3_17 said...

wow, so sweet! Happy Anniversary again!

Karen said...

This made me cry! You are so lucky and wonderfully humble, its so refreshing!